Product added to cart
WHAT IS PSORIASIS?
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease.
Somehow, the immune system has become confused and the body starts to attack itself, damaging some cells and interfering with important bodily functions. In common with almost all autoimmune diseases, psoriasis is accompanied by a damaged gut.
This damage is called leaky gut (increased gut permeability) in concert with an imbalance in the types of bacteria that live in your gut (dysbiosis). A leaky gut is probably necessary for any autoimmune disease to develop, although other factors, such as genetics and your environment also contribute.
Along with your psoriasis, you may also suffer from:
- Digestive issues: Constipation or runny tummy (diarrhea), gas,bloating, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Mental issues: Depression, anxiety or a sensation of a `foggy’ brain
- Chronic stress
- Sleeping difficulties
- Weight problems
You may also:
- Have been (or still are) on medication, especially antibiotics
- Spend most of the day sitting
- Seldom or never exercise
- Spend little time in the sun